[Kst] Re: Cannot open ascii files with 2.0.3

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed May 18 19:42:21 CEST 2011

i) try to delete ~/.config/kst/*

ii) have you used the 'config' button in the data wizard data source
selection page (the first page) to call up the config dialog?

iii) does help->DebugDialog, Data Sources tab list "ASCII File Reader"
as one of the loaded plugins?

cbn

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 1:05 PM, Svenn Are Bjerkem
<svenn.bjerkem at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 18 May 2011 18:24, Brisset, Nicolas <Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com> wrote:
>> Hi Svenn,
>>
>> we already had this issue. I remember having it myself, and at some point it disappeared. We have never been able to nail it down, though. I don't know whether it's a Qt bug or a kst bug. I think if you close kst and try it again at some point it starts working. I think it has something to do with wrong default settings, but I may be wrong...
>>
>> Keep us informed of your findings. And I'll try to test it with a fresh user...
>>

> When running from the command line this is the only thing printed, but
> I have no idea if it has anything to do with the issue.
> Kst(22566)/: Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-svennb/ksycoca4"
> I am running kde3.5.10 as my desktop, but complete kde4 should be
> installed and qt 4.6.3 with dev files /should/ be there, but I'll take
> this opportunity to make sure my system is as up to date as possible.
>
> I also used a 'rm `locate libkst | grep local | grep usr`' to try to
> prune out any /usr/local based files remaining from previous builds.
> It looks to me as if the build-kst and install-kst scripts will
> install in /usr/lib and not in /usr/local. Unfortunately, that did not
> make a change.
>

> --
> Svenn

C. Barth Netterfield