[Kst] Re: A couple of issues with the new ASCII

Peter Kümmel syntheticpp at gmx.net
Thu Jan 27 16:17:24 CET 2011

> I've just thought about something: what happens if the user changes
> locale on his computer between two sessions?
> That could create problems unless we store the actual type in the .kst
> (i.e. "dot" or "comma")...

OK, currently we save the flag with the name
"Use '.' as decimal separator (ignore regional settings)"
If it was checked there will be no problems after switching the local.

When it was unchecked, the user effectively wants to use a comma, because
his locale uses a comma.

After changing his locale to '.' the data is still with ',' so the stored
flag should not mean "use local" but "use comma".

So we should change the code to use the comma when the flag is not set,
the description of the flag in the gui, and change the default in
the dialog depending on the locale.

Will this solve the problem.

The only problem will be a kst file on . locale saved as "use locale",
when we switch in 2.0.3 from "use locale" to "use comma" this kst file
looks for the wrong decimal separator.
But why should someone select "use locale" being on a '.' machine?

Peter