[Kst] Re: A couple of issues with the new ASCII

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Thu Jan 27 15:58:25 CET 2011

> > Or still only one checkbox which depends on the system on which Kst
> runs:
> > "Use Comma as decimal separator"
> > English: default->unchecked
> > German : default->checked
> Also an idea.
> - Advantage: it is closer to the old format and easier to keep
> compatible.
> - Disadvantage: it may be unclear for the user what the other option
is
> (namely ".")
>
> Maybe a "dynamic" label (i.e. which changes with the currently set
> locale) can solve that. Proposal: "Use ',' as decimal separator
> (current: '.')"
I've just thought about something: what happens if the user changes
locale on his computer between two sessions?
That could create problems unless we store the actual type in the .kst
(i.e. "dot" or "comma")...

Nicolas

Eurocopter Deutschland GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Donauwoerth
Registergericht/Registration Court: Amtsgericht Augsburg HRB 16508
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Lutz Bertling
Geschaeftsfuehrung/Board of Management:
Dr. Wolfgang Schoder, Vorsitzender/CEO; Friedrich-Wilhelm Hormel; Ralf Barnscheidt

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

This communication and the information it contains is intended for the addressee(s) named above and for no other persons or organizations. It is confidential and may be legally privileged and protected by law. The unauthorized use, copying or disclosure of this communication or any part of it is prohibited and may be unlawful.
If you have received this communication in error, kindly notify us by return e-mail and discard and/or delete the communication. Thank you very much.
It is possible for e-mails to be intercepted or affected by viruses. Whilst we maintain virus checks on our e-mails, we accept no liability for viruses or other material which might be introduced with this message.