[Kst] Re: UI question wrt to the border suppression options

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Thu Jan 27 00:55:35 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Nicolas Brisset <nicolas.brisset at free.fr>wrote:

> Last question for today, I promise!
>
> I have just had a look at Barth's recent changes to allow suppression of
> plot label borders. It looks cool and even seems to work with "Edit
> multiple" :-)
>
> However, I had to look for the options for a while. I would have expected
> them under the "Label" category instead of attached to the axes. I think it
> would fit wonderfully into the 4 lines at the bottom just above the legend!

That was the other place I considered putting them.  It would be easier
because then all 4 would be on the same tab.  I think you are probably
correct, but I'll look around for some other opinions before I change it.

> As a matter of fact, that would even solve one of the roadmap entries:
> "empty labels not taken into account in plot dialog (needs one space)"

I think this problem is something else: IIRC the dialog foolishly uses an
empty label to mean 'auto label' so you can't actually ever have an empty
lable... or something totally lame like that.

> Barth: does that sound feasible?
>
> Nicolas

C. Barth Netterfield
University of Toronto