[Kst] Some wiki pages

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Sep 8 16:35:29 CEST 2010

Hi Ben,

I've just had a quick look at the two tools you mentioned. I'm not very
impressed by dasylab (which is probably more interesting to acquire your
data from physical lines in the first place), but the other tool sounds
quite cool indeed. I don't know if it's easy to get a demo version,
maybe we should try it.

The glyph drag & drop approach is quite nice indeed and reminds me a lot
of VTK Designer http://www.vcreatelogic.com/products/vtkd/
<http://www.vcreatelogic.com/products/vtkd/>  which is Qt-based and OSS,
so maybe we could even borrow from it? I also think it would be a nice
way to define objects, which we could still manipulate in the data
manager.

In any case, this is certainly not a small effort so you're right not to
expect it in the next future. Maybe it would be interesting for a GSoC
project? But I'm not an experienced coder, I can't really estimate how
much effort it would be. 2 months for that sounds a bit short...

I think we can add this idea to the roadmap, it's not like we're
committing to implement it. I'll do it if nobody else does.

Thanks for the pointers,

Nicolas