[Kst] Some wiki pages

Ben Lewis asuomynona at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 14:25:03 CEST 2010

  I have a feature request for KST.  Please forgive me if this has been discussed before, as I have
only recently joined this mailing list.

It would be great to have a graphical data manager, similar to that used in ncode GlyphWorks
<http://www.ncode.com/en/menu/products/ncode-glyphworks/features-at-a-glance/>and dasylab
<http://www.dasylab.com/>.

A graphical data manager uses icons to represent processes to be performed on data (e.g. import,
filter, equation, shift, plot, export etc).  The user configures each function by double clicking on
the icon to access the appropriate dialogue box.  The flow of data is represented by lines (or
pipes) connected between icons.  The connection points are colour coded to represent compatible data
types (e.g. time series data, frequency data etc).  The arrangement of icons and connections can
then be saved for later use or batch processing.

If any one is interested, there is a good video here
<http://www.ncode.com/en/menu/products/ncode-glyphworks/features-at-a-glance/> (see Interactive Demo
on RHS) demonstrating these capabilities.

I realise that this is a really big ask and wont happen any time soon but if other people like the
idea it could be added to the long term road map.

Cheers, Ben