[Kst] extragear/graphics/kst/src/datasources

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed May 31 22:55:06 CEST 2006

On Wednesday 31 May 2006 14:02, Theodore Kisner wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 May 2006 10:24, George Staikos wrote:
> |   If you are going to hack up a datasource that's in production use, it's
> | best done in a branch, but the library is self-contained so it's fine in
> | trunk.
>
> ok, I will develop the libfitstools library and fitsgeneral datasource in
> trunk, but leave them disabled until they are working well.
>
> After that, I will need to convert the healpix and lfiio datasources to use
> libfitstools.  I will either do this in a branch or at the beginning of a
> development cycle (this datasource code is fairly simple, so I think any
> problems can be resolved quickly).

  Sure, branching is good, but wait as long as possible to branch too.  That
will make it easiest on you.

> So the 1.3 release is planned for the next couple weeks?  I suspect that
> these datasource changes won't be released until 1.4 in order to make sure
> that no regressions are introduced.

  Some release - version number TBD - is planned for real_soon_now.  What's in
trunk is very stable minus a couple of deadlocks, and quite an improvement
over 1.2.  Also people are really asking for NAD and we can't give them a
working datasource until we have an updated kstdatasource.cpp so we need to
get this out soon.

  No major datasource changes will go into the next release beyond now.