[Kst] healpix status

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sat Oct 29 23:12:46 CEST 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 16:40, Ted Kisner wrote:
> For version 1.2, the healpix support should be OK for quick-and-dirty
> viewing of healpix FITS files.  My plan is to get the new renderer model
> finished for 1.3, and we will then have full support for arbitrary
> coordinate systems, spherical projections (cartesian, sinusoidal, polar,
> gnomic).

  One thing to be very careful about: Make sure that any future changes won't
break usage patterns such as those in scripts, or how the Kst files work.
Even if we can implement workarounds, it can make it messy to support over
time.  We have this problem already in various places in Kst.  That being
said, I'm sure it won't be much of an issue, but it's good to keep in mind.