[Kst] healpix status

Ted Kisner tskisner.public at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 22:40:59 CEST 2005

On Saturday 29 October 2005 08:09, Marc-Antoine Miville-Deschenes wrote:
> I'm also very impressed by the Healpix map stuff. Thanks Ted.
> Only one comment: as an ISMer I would prefer to see the RA axis
> going to other way.

Yes, the current coordinate system handling needs a lot of work.  The current
Matrix/Image code is unhappy when I have (non-reversed) axes decreasing with
increasing X/Y.  Also, Kst2DPlot has no concept of coordinate systems, and so
doesn't know that it should wrap around when it gets to 2PI.

For version 1.2, the healpix support should be OK for quick-and-dirty viewing
of healpix FITS files.  My plan is to get the new renderer model finished for
1.3, and we will then have full support for arbitrary coordinate systems,
spherical projections (cartesian, sinusoidal, polar, gnomic).

-Ted