[Kst] legend box

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 29 17:45:55 CEST 2005

On October 29, 2005 08:04 am, George Staikos wrote:
>   The legend code is going to change as well.  Probably not until 1.3
> though.

The legend stuff is pretty broken right now (particularly in mouse handleing
and moving).  We have two choices:
-Make the legend box into a view object (with minimal feature changes, if any)
-Fix the legend box in in its current form.

I prefer the former, and was planning to work on it.

On this topic: Are there any feature changes to legend boxes which people
think would be useful: They won't necessairly be in 1.2, but the design
should be able to incorperate them if we think we will need them. eg

-Should legend boxes be able to hold arbitrary lists of curves, or only 'all
of the curves in the legends plot'.

-Should we be able to make 'master legend boxes' which include the curves from
many plots?

-Should the legends primarily be edited from the plot dialog, as now, or from
a view object dialog?

-Should we be able to add things other than the legend into a legend box.