[Kst] Scripting plan

Brisset, Nicolas Nicolas.Brisset at eurocopter.com
Wed Mar 9 17:28:21 CET 2005

> Yesterday, George, MAMD, and I met to discuss the scripting
> language for kst.
> A proposal is in kdeextragear-2/kst/devel-docs/scripting.txt.
>
> All interested parties are encouraged to comment while it is
> easy to change :-)
Sounds really cool ! The only "problem" is that it looks like I am going
to have to learn yet another language as I have been able to live
without JavaScript up to now. I guess it is a sound investment, and I
will probably be able to use plain dcop anyway if I don't write too
complex things...

One thing I'd LOVE though (not limited to kst actually) would be the
possibility of generating the skeleton of a script (dcop or kjsembed or
whatever) interactively. Basically, something like a macro/script
recorder where I would do the operations in kst as usual and it would
generate a script that can then be saved and adapted. It could a kdDebug
output with a specific number, or anything better I don't mind...
I guess that's a pretty common request, but I don't think it has been
implemented yet in any KDE app...