[Kst] Scripting plan
netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Mar 9 17:12:47 CET 2005
Yesterday, George, MAMD, and I met to discuss the scripting language for kst.
A proposal is in kdeextragear-2/kst/devel-docs/scripting.txt.
All interested parties are encouraged to comment while it is easy to
A planck-HFI reqirement is that kst support scripting to allow flexable
facilities for this exist within KDE.
- Complete bindings to all objects
- everything that can be done in a .kst file can be done with a
- DCOP based commandline tool with konsole
- will provide a 'command line' to kst (like sm or idl)
- Can be commanded from either an embedded konsole, or an external
- Multiple ways of entering scripts
- from command line when starting kst
eg: kst -J "file=\"data.dat\";field=\"N15C2\"" bolo.js
- From file menue
- From DCOP/command line tool.
- We will not use automatic bindings. Instead, we will "ideal" bindings
and implement them as internal calls to our internal objects
- The update thread doesn't run if the interpreter is running, and blocks the
interpreter from starting up during an update There will be a force
update/repaint mechanism to allow updates during script interpretation.
- vectors can be referenced as strings (tagname) everywhere too
- kjsembed or qsa?
A plot with points + error bars, and a line fit.
The X axis vector has to be re-scaled.
var f = File.load("Data.dat");
var Vx = DataVector(f, "1");
string Vn = DataVector(f, "2").tag; // refer to this vector w/ its tagname
var Vp = DataVector(f, "3");
var Vm = DataVector(f, "4");
var Ex = Equation("[" + Vx.tag + "] * 0.0042", Vx);
var C = Curve(Ex.sv, Vn);
C.hasPoint = true;
C.hasLines = false;
var lfit = fit("kstfit_linear_unweighted", Ex.sv, Vn); // convenience class
var Cf = Curve(Ex.sv, lfit.Y_Fitted);
var P = Plot();
P.addCurve(C); // ordering etc............. P.curves.append() etc?
P.xLabel.text = "x axis";
P.yLabel.text = "y axis";
L = PlotLabel(lfit.parameterstring);
More information about the Kst