[Kst] KDE 3.2 Requirement

Marc-Antoine Miville-Deschenes mamd at ias.u-psud.fr
Thu Apr 14 12:34:36 CEST 2005

Hello

On HFI we are using KST on more than 20 computers (half are dedicated
calibration machines
and the other half are laptops used by scientists). It's not a bad
timing to make the change now
as we are in between two calibration runs.
New machines are going to arrive in the next weeks/months. We will
instal a newer Linux distribution on these but it is out of the
question to ask everybody to switch
from RD9 to a newer distribution solely on the basis of KST.

We have 2 questions:
1) What Linux distributions should we instal on our new machines ?
2) Can you provide a list of packages that need to be installed for KST
to work with RD9 ?

cheers

Marc-Antoine