[Kst] Untranslated strings in kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 5 13:55:01 CET 2004

On Thursday 04 November 2004 15:51, Hasso Tepper wrote:
> Datatypes are untranslated in "New <datatype>" window captions. See
> http://docs.kde.org/et/HEAD/kdeextragear-2/kst/datatypes.html for exapmles.

  Thanks for the note.  This is a known issue and there is little or nothing
we can do about it at this time.  The issue, if you care, is this:

New_X is actually the name of an object in Kst, and is used for string
comparisons to determine if it should be replaced.  Therefore it can't be
translated.  However, it also has special meaning to the user, and in that
sense it should be translated.  The best solution is to keep an internal and
external (display-only) representation of these special cases, but we can't
make this sort of change until after 1.0.0.  Sorry that it puts a bit of a
"scar" on the translation effort, but it's the best we can do for now.