[Kst] Re: Kst freeze tonight

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Tue Nov 2 23:48:24 CET 2004


-We can consider the docs frozen as of now.  We can target doc improvements 
for 1.1, depending on manpower.  As there haven't been many important changes 
since 0.99 that need to be documented, I guess this is OK.

-There are a couple late changes that *might* effect 1 or 2 messages within 
kst.  But we will be in total freeze end of today PST....

Since more than 1 week has been requested by the i18n team, I suggest we do an 
RC1 (with incomplete translations) this Friday, Nov 8 that we can use/test in 
BLAST and Planck next week while we wait for the release.  Once RC1 is out, 
we should branch and open HEAD to commits for 1.1.

How much time does the i18n team need?  Is Nov 18 a good day for the formal 


On November 1, 2004 04:52 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On Monday 01 November 2004 15:49, Tom Albers wrote:
> > Op maandag 1 november 2004 18:30, schreef George Staikos:
> > > We also have a question.  As for our documentation, we would like to
> > > make additions still.  Is anyone translating it, and would they object
> > > to more changes going into the docs in our bugfix releases after 1.0.0?
> > > (1.0.1, etc) How about during the "freeze"?
> >
> > A Dutch translator is working very hard on kst at the moment. He has
> > indicated that he wants to review the gui because he has founds some
> > errors (and there a 160 strings left in the gui todo since he translated
> > it the first time).
> >
> > Also he has indicated the it would be good if there could be a thorough
> > review of the doc and gui by a second pair of eyes. I guess the deadline
> > of 12 November, 11 days from now is a bit short to get this all arranged
> > in time. For the doc he still needs to do 378 strings. This nearly
> > undoable for us in time, even without a review.
> >
> > Due to this system and the time between the changes made and ending up in
> > the right po's, I would prefer a total freeze. Important changes should
> > be made of course, maybe you could give us a hint why something has
> > changed so someone can quickly adjust the translation.
> >
> > Hope you can give us a few days more.
>   We'll discuss among Kst developers and get back to you ASAP.  I think we
> have all the i18n() changes in CVS now.  I had hoped to get in one more
> feature but I think that's dangerous at this point - it will be too buggy.
> The docs are an outstanding issue but I understand your need to freeze
> them.
>   How much time exactly do you think you need?
>   Also I will be in Paris from Thursday Nov 4 until Nov 13.  If any i18n
> team members need a demo or a meeting to learn how Kst works and what
> things mean, I could arrange that one evening, either in person in Paris,
> or on IRC since I'll be closer to most of your schedules.

More information about the Kst mailing list