[Kst] Re: Kst freeze tonight

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Nov 2 17:58:10 CET 2004

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 11:52, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> Hmmm.
>
> How about this: release a 1.0RC1, which is
> 	-i18n complete
> 	-interface complete
> 	-not doc complete.
>
> Shortly later (1-2 weeks) we release 1.0.0, which is doc complete, and may
> include some appropriate bug fixes.
>
> OR
>
> Increment 1.0RC1 to 1.0.0
> Increment 1.0.0 too 1.0.1

   I think the translators need something on the order of 2 weeks+ in order to
do translation of the docs after we have finished editting them.  We might as
well release 1.0.0 as-is, then do 1.1.0 around Christmas with updated docs
and a few new features.  Another option is to [also] package the updated docs
separately and release them separately as english-only, then commit them to
CVS after freeze.