[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 15 17:15:51 CET 2004

On December 15, 2004 11:00 am, George Staikos wrote:
> kst: Plot Benchmark stats:
> kst:    Initialization: 2ms
> kst:    Plot Labels: 91ms
> kst:    Plot Images: 0ms
> kst:    Plot Grid Lines: 0ms
> kst:    plot Legend: 0ms
> kst:    Plot Curves: 143ms
> kst:    plot Axes: 4ms
> kst:    plot Markers: 1ms
> kst:    Flush Painter: 0ms
> kst: Plot Total: 241ms

Do you have more than the default labels here?  I saw max 10ms (first draw)
and more like 2ms usually, but that was for plain labels.  (are we parse
limited, or X limited on your machine...)

>    That shows labels are very significant in at least some cases.  Maybe we
> can drive that number down to 5ms-10ms with the new code, using a
> combination of pre-parsing and caching of the pixmap.
>
> > -Every other curve draw is ~70% longer.  Why???
>
>   Will need more fine-grained tests for this.

indeed.

> > from a .kst file draws 3 times, the second time very slowly.
>
>    Draws once without curves, right?  That's by design to avoid blocking
> the UI.

No.  It draws *3* times.  The first is very fast (~10ms).  The 2nd, which
doesn't show, is ~950ms.  The third, which shows is ~350ms.  From the command
line is ~350 ms.