[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst/kst

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Dec 15 17:00:58 CET 2004

On Wednesday 15 December 2004 10:06, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> CVS commit by netterfield:
>
> Add some kdDebug benchmark info on how long (wall clock) various drawing
> things take.
>
> To deactivate, remove #define PLOTBENCH in kst2dplot.cpp
>
> Some notes from the bus ride home:
> -for ~100000 or more points, curve drawing completely dominates.
> -labels (labels + axis) are #2

kst: Plot Benchmark stats:
kst:    Initialization: 2ms
kst:    Plot Labels: 91ms
kst:    Plot Images: 0ms
kst:    Plot Grid Lines: 0ms
kst:    plot Legend: 0ms
kst:    Plot Curves: 143ms
kst:    plot Axes: 4ms
kst:    plot Markers: 1ms
kst:    Flush Painter: 0ms
kst: Plot Total: 241ms

   That shows labels are very significant in at least some cases.  Maybe we
can drive that number down to 5ms-10ms with the new code, using a combination
of pre-parsing and caching of the pixmap.

> -Every other curve draw is ~70% longer.  Why???

  Will need more fine-grained tests for this.

> from a .kst file draws 3 times, the second time very slowly.

   Draws once without curves, right?  That's by design to avoid blocking the
UI.