[Kst] kdeextragear-2/kst

Barth Netterfield netterfield at astro.utoronto.ca
Mon Jul 7 19:41:31 CEST 2003

On July 7, 2003 12:00 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> On July 7, 2003 09:50, Barth Netterfield wrote:
> > CVS commit by netterfield:
> >
> > Usable arbitrary labels (need UI feedback now)
>
>    It's great!  Delete doesn't work yet though - it "deletes" it, but the
> image seems to hang around.

Hmmm.....  It deletes it for me...  I shall investigate.

>    Any intentions of making them draggable?

Well, for now, select, delete, click new location, ok moves pretty easily..
but yes - dragable would be kool.

Another bug: the selection mechanism doesn't know about rotated text - it
thinks it is horiontal.  Should be easy to fix (?)...

> > Fixed vector problems:
> > 	-changing rvector ranges now works
> > 	-fixed sigma and rms scalars
>
>    Ok I had started into this one but good catch!  Sorry about leaving
> these bugs lurking, I just didn't stumble across them in testing yet and I
> wasn't sure about how some of that code worked.
>
>    There are still more bugs in here though.  Specifically, I know of ways
> to crash it.  I'm still trying to trace those down.

I am working on some gnarly bugs related to real time in here - it is
basically unusable now.  So I am going to be playing around in the vecor code
for a few hours now - I am in the best position to fix it, since I am looking
at real live live  time streams...

I do have a bug for you -
Which Vector?
        Create a curve
        Edit a vector in the curve: change it's name
        Now the curve doesn't know about the vector... it refers to an old
                version of the pre-edit vector.
	PROBLEMS: clearly we are allowing orphan vectors (bad)
		It does not do the convenient thing (change the name everywhere the vector
is referenced)