[Ksecretservice-devel] Re: Are we going to use QML for the UI ?

Michael Leupold lemma at confuego.org
Fri Oct 29 09:52:11 CEST 2010

Valentin Rusu wrote:
> As you may know it, KDE switched to QT 4.7 and also will start using QML
> for the User Interface. I took a look at QML and it seems promissing. It
> even works on my kde-qt local compiled copy :)
>
> Now the question : should we implement new UI elements such as ACL
> preferences dialogs in QML or should we start with traditional QT (e.g. ui
> files) then port them later to QML ? The former would take some learning
> time and I'm wondering if we should wait and see how QML will be
> integrated with kdelibs.

To be honest, I haven't looked at QML at all yet - apart from the few
blogposts introducing it. Given the current time constraints (see my mail
begging for a shortened review period for 4.6 :-)) I'd say let's stick to a
traditional UI for the first release. Afterwards we could check if QML does
things better and integrate it.