[Ksecretservice-devel] Are we going to use QML for the UI ?

Valentin Rusu kde at rusu.info
Thu Oct 28 23:08:32 CEST 2010

Hello,

As you may know it, KDE switched to QT 4.7 and also will start using QML for
the User Interface. I took a look at QML and it seems promissing. It even
works on my kde-qt local compiled copy :)

Now the question : should we implement new UI elements such as ACL
preferences dialogs in QML or should we start with traditional QT (e.g. ui
files) then port them later to QML ? The former would take some learning
time and I'm wondering if we should wait and see how QML will be integrated
with kdelibs.

Regards,
Valentin