[Kroupware] New account IMAP error

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Mar 19 12:26:12 CET 2004

Stephan Buys wrote:
> Will,
>
> Those are OpenGroupware errors, not Kolab errors...
>
> Maybe you have OpenGroupware started, which causes the startup of Cyrus
> IMAP daemon to fail, as something else is already bound to the port. The Cyrus
> Admin modules (which the Kolab daemon uses) need a running Cyrus IMAP
> server in order to create mailboxes, etc.
>
> Try to stop OpenGroupware, then restart Kolab and give it a try...

OK, I have done this, but although I am setting up the users in the
admin interface, I still cannot log in with the client getting a
'mailbox does not exist' error.  In the logs the login looks fine:

Mar 19 10:31:10 postmanpat <debug> imapd[884]: accepted connection
Mar 19 10:31:10 postmanpat <notice> imapd[884]: login:
dsl-hostname.access.as9105.com[I.P.Add.ress]
design at postmanpat.linguaphone plaintext

There is a .sub file in the users directory, but no .seen file (I don't
know if this is significant):

postmanpat:/kolab/var/imapd/user/d# ls -l
/kolab/var/imapd/user/d/design\@postmanpat\^linguaphone.sub
-rw-------    1 kolab-r  kolab-r         0 Mar 19 10:29
/kolab/var/imapd/user/d/design at postmanpat^linguaphone.sub

As before, all users that are already set up do not have a problem.  Any
more ideas?

Thanks,
Will.