[Kroupware] New account IMAP error

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Fri Mar 5 15:41:49 CET 2004

Stephan Buys wrote:
> Will,
>
> Those are OpenGroupware errors, not Kolab errors...
>
> Maybe you have OpenGroupware started, which causes the startup of Cyrus
> IMAP daemon to fail, as something else is already bound to the port. The Cyrus
> Admin modules (which the Kolab daemon uses) need a running Cyrus IMAP
> server in order to create mailboxes, etc.
>
> Try to stop OpenGroupware, then restart Kolab and give it a try...

Ooops, the errors were from a while ago, but you were right, OG did seem
to be running[0].  I have stopped it.

I do however have a running Cyrus daemon, and I am reading emails on an
account that was setup in the kolab web frontend.  Is there anythng in
particular I need to restart to get the admin stuff to work, or do I
have to restart the whole thing? (It is being used by a number of people).

Thanks
Will.

[0] I have inherited this server from the previous network admin, I
didn't think OG was installed.