[Kroupware] Rebuilding Postfix Aliases

Stephan Buys list at codefusion.co.za
Fri Feb 27 10:31:03 CET 2004

Hi,

The alias.template is a mistake. Postfix can do three kinds of deliveries.

local (using mailboxes/maildirs with Postfix's Mail Delivery Agent)	- uses: aliases
virtual (use something else, like transport maps, lmtp, etc. this is what Kolab does)
relay (relay_domains, etc.)

So in summary, aliases is only used with the Postfix MDA and is not used by Kolab,
as we use LMTP.