[Kroupware] Rebuilding Postfix Aliases

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Fri Feb 27 10:22:19 CET 2004

On Monday 23 February 2004 22:09, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> [...]
>
> > This will send anything sent to spam at foo.bar to the postfix transport
> > called spam.
> > (This was adapted from the Postfix FAQ (regarding sending faxes:
> > http://www.postfix.org/faq.html#faq
>
> Cool that seems to have worked.  I have to tweak it some yet, but I think
> im at the point of having dspam work out of the box here with email
> addresses that will allow me to train the bugger. Now to document and
> post the howto

TIA for the Howto. :-)

BTW, as the Kolab admin web frontend allows only one alias (AFAIK), I used
the etc/kolab/aliases.template file to propagate additional aliases. I've
also found that the etc/postfix/aliases is not generated by kolab, this is
documented in Kolab issue 9.
In the issue tracker, there is a hint to better use virtual.template
instead. Well, I'm not familiar with the difference. (Perhaps somebody can
give a short explanation.) But if virtual.template is recommended, what's
the reason to have aliases.template at all?

Regards,
Andreas