[Kroupware] Client installation

Andreas Gungl Andreas.Gungl at osp-dd.de
Thu May 8 14:30:48 CEST 2003

Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2003 13:11 schrieb Dick Kniep:
> On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:03, Stephan Buys wrote:
> > One final caveat. You are aware that the Address book contains only
> > private calendar entries right?
>
> Do you mean that the local users of Kolab are not displayed? I thought
> that any user added on the Kolab server where the "check here to make
> this users address visible in the addressbook" is checked would be
> visible in the addressbook.

Local means locally on the client machine. You can have etnries in
kaddressbook independently from the LDAP system, in fact you even have to
copy LDAP entries in your client addressbook, if you want to use your
addressbook application with a little more comfort. :-(

> > To access the LDAP server you have to click on the search button and
> > do a query agains LDAP. You can then add the results of the query to
> > the address book.
>
> Where is this search button located?

It's the usual "serch" icon in the toolbar.

> > To test if it is a configuration problem you can try to do a query
> > againt LDAP with either a GUI tool or ldapsearch as well.
> >
> > With ldapsearch the query should look like (this is an anonymous bind
> > as the KAddressbook does):
> >
> > ldapsearch -H ldap://myhost -b my_base_dn
>
> Still no luck. If I run ldapsearch (on the Kolab server from the
> /kolab/bin directory) it works correctly. But still no entries on the
> client. Also, I do not find an LDAP search dialog on the client. We are
> able to enter the LDAP configuration on the client, but an LDAP search
> is not there? Or am I missing something??

Use the toolbar button, and it will work. Alternativly you might use Mozilla
addressbook for a test.

Andreas