[Kroupware] Client installation

Dick Kniep D.J.Kniep at chello.nl
Thu May 8 14:11:04 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:03, Stephan Buys wrote:
> One final caveat. You are aware that the Address book contains only
> private calendar entries right?

Do you mean that the local users of Kolab are not displayed? I thought
that any user added on the Kolab server where the "check here to make
this users address visible in the addressbook" is checked would be
visible in the addressbook.

> To access the LDAP server you have to click on the search button and
> do a query agains LDAP. You can then add the results of the query to
> the address book.

Where is this search button located?

> To test if it is a configuration problem you can try to do a query againt
> LDAP with either a GUI tool or ldapsearch as well.
>
> With ldapsearch the query should look like (this is an anonymous bind as
> the KAddressbook does):
>
> ldapsearch -H ldap://myhost -b my_base_dn

Still no luck. If I run ldapsearch (on the Kolab server from the
/kolab/bin directory) it works correctly. But still no entries on the
client. Also, I do not find an LDAP search dialog on the client. We are
able to enter the LDAP configuration on the client, but an LDAP search
is not there? Or am I missing something??

Regards,
Dick