[Kroupware] Client installation

Dick Kniep D.J.Kniep at chello.nl
Thu May 8 15:15:32 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 13:30, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Mai 2003 13:11 schrieb Dick Kniep:
> > On Thu, 2003-05-08 at 11:03, Stephan Buys wrote:
> > > One final caveat. You are aware that the Address book contains only
> > > private calendar entries right?
> >
> > Do you mean that the local users of Kolab are not displayed? I thought
> > that any user added on the Kolab server where the "check here to make
> > this users address visible in the addressbook" is checked would be
> > visible in the addressbook.
>
> Local means locally on the client machine. You can have etnries in
> kaddressbook independently from the LDAP system, in fact you even have to
> copy LDAP entries in your client addressbook, if you want to use your
> addressbook application with a little more comfort. :-(

well, we tried with an Ldap browser on the client. That works correctly.
Installation of KMail went smooth, it shows in the About box
"Kmail-groupware-rc2 This program is part of the KDE-kolab client".
However, such a message is not present in the KAdressbook. So, could a
faulty installation be the problem? And if so, how can we check that?

Regards,
Dick