[Kroupware] Will there be a server which doesn´t need client plugin?

Alexander Huber kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:34:41 +0100

Hallo Martin!

>> tele workers
> Why? Especially this type of users will love the disconnected mode
> features.

Don't know about all features yet because your website is not working very
well! (Text is in several layers on top of each other so you cannot view the
text clearly. Also I woul appreciate some screenshots, more informatio etc.)

Anyway they need to be online in order to do file-sharing, group functions
email so there would be a big difference if they would just stay online an
browse to the groupware. (Alsmost all of them will use a flatrate.)

> > You don't need to create a client. There just must be a server tool
> > (Plugin) which makes it possible to open Kroupware / Kolab via a
> > web-browser.
> This is possible but it pretty much depends on how much performance is
> required. Due to the fact that such a feature is beyond the initial sco=
pe
> of the kroupware contract you may contact me in case you want to realiz=
> such a feature via a payed consulting contract.

I am not sure yet if we are able to do this. This also depends on your other
futures which I don't know yet...

> CRM can be added later though.
Do you mean this is a planned feature or might be done on (paid) demand.

> > - but "help desk" IMHO is not a CRM-Tool.
> You may use the shared folders feature for help desk like applications.
OK, but how do I get it to run if one

> > - contact management (the customer data itself)
> Is there.
I know. (As is with every groupware...)
But you cannot show
- last mails
- last bills
- last calls
- current projects
- open tickets
- next meetings
linked with each customer...

> > - document management (link customers with documents, bills, mails, n=
otes
> > and so on)
> No supported due to various reasons (mainly performance, correctness)
This is the main reason why we want to have a groupware...

> > - communication with customers (e.g. writing eMail to a special group=
 of
> > customers)
> This is possible using different techniques incl. mailing list support.
Great - then you just need to store the files within the document folder of
the customer.

> > - linking our employee with customer (e.g. if phone rings and custome=
> > phone number is shown he will be forwarded to "his" employee)
> This is a TAPI feature currently not supported at all (I currently do n=
ot
> know about PTX which support linux)
OK I know that was "too much".
But what about the linking of customers to employees in general?

Bye,
Alexander

PS: I don't want to make your project look bad. Just want to give you some
hints to make it better than those already around. (And if that works we
might work on a server to simulate a client and server as a server for
browser access.)