[Kroupware] Will there be a server which doesn´t need client plugin?

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 19:00:55 +0100

Am Dienstag, 25. März 2003 20:08 schrieb Alexander Huber:

Hi Alexander,

> Due to the fact that we have tele workers (Telearbeitsplätze, Heimarbei=
t)
> most of our employees will only be able to use the Groupware Online.

Why? Especially this type of users will love the disconnected mode features.

> While traveling it would be easier to be able to use a browser instead of=
> special client.

Yes.

> > Currently there is no official schedule for a webclient.
>
> To bad.
> You don't need to create a client. There just must be a server tool
> (Plugin) which makes it possible to open Kroupware / Kolab via a
> web-browser.

This is possible but it pretty much depends on how much performance is
required. Due to the fact that such a feature is beyond the initial scope of
the kroupware contract you may contact me in case you want to realize such a
feature via a payed consulting contract.

> > > PS: Will there be CRM on this one?
> >
> > Customer Relationship Management?
>
> Yes, thats what I ment.

No there will be no special CRM stuff except the current LDAP and IMAP
Adressbooks. CRM can be added later though.

> >  (e.g. Request Tracker)
>
> Asking Google this is
> Computers > Software > Help Desk
> - but "help desk" IMHO is not a CRM-Tool.

You may use the shared folders feature for help desk like applications.

> - contact management (the customer data itself)

Is there.

> - document management (link customers with documents, bills, mails, notes
> and so on)

No supported due to various reasons (mainly performance, correctness)

> - communication with customers (e.g. writing eMail to a special group of
> customers)

This is possible using different techniques incl. mailing list support.

> - linking our employee with customer (e.g. if phone rings and customer
> phone number is shown he will be forwarded to "his" employee)

This is a TAPI feature currently not supported at all (I currently do not know
about PTX which support linux)

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de