[Kroupware] Will there be a server which doesn´t need client plugin?

Martin Konold kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 20:24:32 +0100

Am Mittwoch, 26. März 2003 19:34 schrieben Sie:

Hi,

> Do you mean this is a planned feature or might be done on (paid) demand.

There is currently no schedule for any CRM features!

> I know. (As is with every groupware...)
> But you cannot show
> - last mails
> - last bills
> - last calls
> - current projects
> - open tickets
> - next meetings
> linked with each customer...

This is not in the current scope of the kolab groupware. (BTW: I know of
several companies who failed to deliver such a tool)

> > > - document management (link customers with documents, bills, mails,
> > > notes and so on)
> >
> > No supported due to various reasons (mainly performance, correctness)
>
> This is the main reason why we want to have a groupware...

I am afraid that you are looking for something different than kolab.

> PS: I don't want to make your project look bad. Just want to give you some
> hints to make it better than those already around.

We first have to meet the features of already existing proprietary solutions
(e.g. MS Exchange and Lotus Notes)

BTW: Maybe some Lotus shop can make you an offer for a Notes based solution
which satisfies your needs.

  (And if that works we
> might work on a server to simulate a client and server as a server for
> browser access.)

I do not understand.

Regards,
-- martin

Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de