[Kroupware] Relase Candidate 1 of the KDE Kolab client available

Andreas Gungl kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 15:03:04 +0100

Am Freitag, 14. M=E4rz 2003 14:14 schrieb Wim Bakker:
> Kmail doesn't crash anymore on shared folders , and seems to be able to
> use them.

Hi, I just tested RC1 (with the two mentioned changes to run on 3.1 - my=20
machines are not strong enough to compile a cvs in such a short time). Nice=
=20
to see that KMail doesn't carsh any longer when shared folders are=20
configured.

About shared folders:
When I set up a shared folder named blabla and I set user permissions that=
=20
user A has all permissions and user B does only have read permission. Then=
=20
I get the expected behaviour, that A can add (by copy or move in KMail) and=
=20
delete messages from blabla folder, while B is not allowed to add or remove=
=20
messages in KMail.
However, is it intended that both A and B can send messages to=20
blabla@mydomain? B is able to put any message in blabla this way on my=20
system.
Can someone confirm this? Do you think, this is really intended?

About tasks:
I played with tasks for a few minutes only. When I assign a task to another=
=20
person, and the person changes (after having accepted) the start date or=20
due date, then I get notified. I can see the changes the other person made=
=20
in my tasks folder. However, changes in the complition field are not sent=20
back as percentage values, i.e. I see only 0% or 100% (resp. done) but not=
=20
e.g. 40%.
This is a minor issue, because percentage values are often fake. But I can=
=20
at least see, that somebody has started a task which he got some days=20
before and where start date was not equal to current date.

But anyway, you guys did a great job so far. Kroupware + Kolab duo has=20
potential to be a "killer application".

Regards,
Andreas