[Kroupware] Relase Candidate 1 of the KDE Kolab client available

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 09:46:02 +0100

On Friday 14 March 2003 09:41, Wim Bakker wrote:
> On Friday 14 March 2003 08:54, Andreas Gungl wrote:
> > I'm afraid the sources got mixed up, because while I could compile
> > beta5 without any problem against KDE 3.1, this is not possible with
> > RC1. I get errors in kdenetwork for kget/kit (okay, something I would
> > not worry about) and in kdepim for kaddressbook (main.cpp:22: no
> > method
> > 'KABC::StdAddressBokkk::handlecrash').
> >
> > Should I wait for 3.1.1? I actually don't believe, that this would
> > really help.
> > I'm working on SuSE 8.1 with the KDE RPMs provided on kde.org - as
> > there were no problems with beta5, I don't think it was a mistake of
> > mine.
> >
> > Anybody with the same experience, or any hints for me?
> >
> > > The packages have been tagged in cvs with kroupware_branch_rc1
> > > (only kdepim and kdenetwork though) and need a recent KDE 3.1 cvs
> > > checkout or the 3.1.1 that will be released within a few days.
>
> Yes , it states clearly in the announcement that it needs a recent 3.1
> cvs checkout or 3.1.1 released within a few earthcycles. Most likely
> that it won't compile against 3.1 then I think .

Exactly. With RC2 we will make it compile with 3.1.0 again. For now you=20
will have to wait until monday when 3.1.1 is out. Sorry for the=20
inconvenience.

A quick fix for the problem is to simply remove these lines from=20
kdepim/kaddressbook/main.cpp:

extern "C" {

void crashHandler( int )
{
  KABC::StdAddressBook::handleCrash();
  ::exit( 0 );
}

}

=2E..

  KCrash::setEmergencySaveFunction( crashHandler );

If you just remove these lines, it should compile with 3.1.0. In RC2,=20
these lines will have been protected with a couple of ifdefs so they're=20
only active with KDE 3.1.1 or higher.

Bo.

=2D --=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark