[Kroupware] Cannot start Kolab server

Dick Kniep kroupware@mail.kde.org
07 Mar 2003 14:13:46 +0100

Hi,

Still no luck :-(

I ran bootstrap_kolab, but it didn't change a thing in monit. This is
not surprising, as monit is not altered in that script. After that, I
copied monit.conf.template manually to /kolab/etc/monit, and made that
monit.conf. When I start Kolab with "/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.monit start" I
get 2 lines:

Starting monit daemon
Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]

When I run a ps -e, it gives me:

 1099 ?        00:00:00 slapd
 1150 ?        00:00:00 slurpd
 1173 ?        00:00:00 saslauthd
 1341 ?        00:00:00 master
 1343 ?        00:00:00 pickup
 1344 ?        00:00:00 qmgr
 1402 ?        00:00:00 master
 3759 ?        00:00:00 run-parts
 4162 ?        00:00:00 slocate.cron
 4163 ?        00:00:00 awk
 4165 ?        00:00:46 updatedb
 4295 ?        00:00:00 monit

so, httpd does not run, but ldap and sasl do. Postfix seems to be there
also (qmgr), so for the most part, it seems to run. however. httpd does
not. When I run apachectl configtest it says:

bad groupname nogroup.

So it seems that my config of apache is not correct either. Also, in the
logs of postfix, it complains about an incomplete hostname. When I look
in main.cf, nothing has been entered there, besides the template values.

This gives me the feeling that none of the configfiles have been
generated correctly. So the question is how to correct this?

I hope someone can give me a hint on this. (Other distribution?)

Kind regards,
D.Kniep