[Kroupware] Web interface proposition

Simon Perreault kroupware@mail.kde.org
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 17:12:39 -0500

Would anyone be interested in a web interface for the Kolab server?

I am the author of Chronos, a mod_perl and MySQL-based web calendar
(http://chronoss.sourceforge.net). Chronos is the property of LQT Systems
(http://www.lqt.ca). I have been there before, so I know what to do and what
not to do. I have often thought about rewriting Chronos from scratch using an
iCal server. Writing an iCal server on my own is way too much.

But then I found Kolab. This scheduling server promises to be of high enough
quality to satisfy my own interest in making the web calendar of all web
calendars. I would use the occasion to do some exploration of new
technologies, in particular Mason (http://www.masonhq.com/). The web
interface would simply be another kind of client, and could even run on a
server other than the one running Kolab.

So why don't I start programming right now on my own since there would be
technically no connection between the Kolab server the the web interface?
Because I want to create a connection, but not on a technical level. It would
be great for my interface to be *the* official web interface for Kolab. It
would also be great for it to be included in CVS, so that other developers
may work on it. I want my interface to be part of the Kolab community.

So, anyone interested?

--
Simon Perreault <nomis80@nomis80.org>
http://nomis80.org