[Kroupware] Email client for windows

Jon Bendtsen jon+kolab at silicide.dk
Fri Jun 20 13:39:33 CEST 2003

Jan-Oliver Wagner wrote:

[cut]

> Developing a Free Software plugin for Outlook would be a comprehensive
> job to do. IMHO, investing such Free Software man power (if available
> at all) should better be spend into developing an alternative
> Kolab-enabled MUA (if spent for Windows at all).

I dont think the trouble would be that big... Why not start with
a MUA that already works on windows (and other platforms)?
I'm thinking about the mozilla MUA. How much trouble was it to
extend kmail to the kolab client?

> A Kolab-web client is an interesting compromise that should require
> a reasonable efford.

the problem with a web-client is that you need online access.
With a standalone you could take an offline backup of the imap
server. Outlook can do this, so why not kolab clientS.

JonB