[Kroupware] kolab configuration

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jun 4 12:38:12 CEST 2003

Hi Ferdinand,

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 16:29, Ferdinand Gassauer wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2003 18:02, Stephan Buys wrote:
> > Hi Ferdinand,
> >
> > You are correct, the QIM is outdated.
> >
> > To get the system configured (you only need to specify hostname,
> > e-mail domain and a admin password) just execute:
> >
> > /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b
>
> Thanks for the hint.
> The kolab WEB-admin interface looks nice.
>
> Nevertheless some Questions - which IMHO should be explained on the
> WEB-Page - so newbees (me) can understand what they do
> - shared folders

This will you to share calendars and other folders with other users. In Exchange
terminology this can be seen as "Delegate Access"

> -- what is the purpose - sharing EMail folders ?

See above

> -- Permission for UID - what to enter? - I hope it's not a number - should
> be drop down box

The uid is the same as the primary e-mail address.

> - Is the Family Name the Username which has to be entered as Login Name in
> the E-Mail client ?

See above.

> runing /etc/init.d/kolab start produces a log of postfix warnings of wrong
> owners like:
>
> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
> /kolab/etc/postfix/sample/canonical
>
> postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by group kolab-r:
> /kolab/var/postfix/public
>
> should this be changed ?
>
> installing kolab creates the /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S21kolab link meaning that
> kolab will start automatically .
> Eventually this will conflict with the apache start script as both migth
> listen on the same port.
>
> any other known conflicts and services which should be turned off before
> starting kolab?

This list should help:

tcp        0      0 *:imaps                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:pop3s                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ldap                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:pop-3                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:9999                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:imap2                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sieve                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:www                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssmtp                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:smtp                  *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:https                 *:*                     LISTEN

To get the numerical port values please consult: /etc/services

--
Stephan  Buys
Technical Director
Email: s.buys at codefusion.co.za