[Kroupware] kolab configuration

Ferdinand Gassauer gassauer at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 19:29:23 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 03 June 2003 18:02, Stephan Buys wrote:
> Hi Ferdinand,
>
> You are correct, the QIM is outdated.
>
> To get the system configured (you only need to specify hostname,
> e-mail domain and a admin password) just execute:
>
> /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab_bootstrap -b
Thanks for the hint.
The kolab WEB-admin interface looks nice.

Nevertheless some Questions - which IMHO should be explained on the WEB-Page -
so newbees (me) can understand what they do.
- shared folders
-- what is the purpose - sharing EMail folders ?
-- Permission for UID - what to enter? - I hope it's not a number - should be
drop down box
- Is the Family Name the Username which has to be entered as Login Name in the
E-Mail client ?

runing /etc/init.d/kolab start produces a log of postfix warnings of wrong
owners like:

postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/sample/canonical

postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by group kolab-r:
/kolab/var/postfix/public

should this be changed ?

installing kolab creates the /etc/init.d/rc5.d/S21kolab link meaning that
kolab will start automatically .
Eventually this will conflict with the apache start script as both migth
listen on the same port.

any other known conflicts and services which should be turned off before
starting kolab?

hope that my questions are not to OT.
--
cu ferdinand