[Kroupware] Sieve broken in V1.0?

Stephan Buys s.buys at codefusion.co.za
Wed Jun 4 12:28:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

With Kolab v1.0 release canditate

When trying to set a user's vacation functionality with Kolab v1.0 I get
the following message:

Could not log on to timesieved daemon on your IMAP server sieve://127.0.0.1:2000

I checked that there is indeed a Sieve listener on the server:

netstat -l reports:

tcp        0      0 *:sieve                 *:*                     LISTEN

lsof -i4 reports:

cyrmaster 19501  kolab-r   19u  IPv4  52728       TCP *:sieve (LISTEN)

As far as I can tell the problem is either with the fact that cyrmaster and not
timesieved is listening on the sieve port or there might be some problems with
logging on? (Possibly a user permission problem?)

Stephan  Buys
Technical Director
Code Fusion cc.
Tel: +27 11 391 1412