[Kroupware] Re: OpenGroupware release is a success for the Kroupware Project

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-psidevel at benshaw.com
Mon Jul 21 09:03:14 CEST 2003

> It leads to a higher security and maintainability of current Kolab Server
> installations at in an average. Bein disconnected from the distributions
> has advantages and disadvantages as many people cite.

I'm sorry, but when is something nonstandard better security??  I can see
the advantages of being disconnected from any particular distribution but
why not stick with how OpenOffice, StarOffice, Java, Crossover Office and
Plugin and many other software suits work and use a regular .tgz or
executable script to install?

Regards,
Andrew