[Kroupware] problems with pop3 and user-login

Karl-Heinz Mauz info at mauz-edv.de
Thu Jul 3 18:56:11 CEST 2003

Hi,
I´ve got the kolab server running on suse 8.2. There are some irritating
messages in boot.msg (root has no rights on some postfix-folders??)

1) pop3
If I try to use pop3 with an outlook2000-client (plain login), I get the
error-message: the pop-server doesn´t respond.
By the way: Has cyrus-imapd only one process running: [cyrmaster]?

2) user login
I can acces the kolab-server by the web configuration interface when I
login with manager or admin - but how can I login as normal user:
user at domain.tld? I can´t login with this uid.

Perhaps I´ve got a problem with sasl?

Thanks for your help.

Kalle mauz