[Kroupware] problems with pop3 and user-login

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jul 3 20:31:42 CEST 2003

On Thursday 03 July 2003 17:56, Karl-Heinz Mauz wrote:
> I´ve got the kolab server running on suse 8.2. There are some irritating
> messages in boot.msg (root has no rights on some postfix-folders??)

Can you give them?
It might indicate a problem.

> 1) pop3
> If I try to use pop3 with an outlook2000-client (plain login), I get the
> error-message: the pop-server doesn´t respond.
> By the way: Has cyrus-imapd only one process running: [cyrmaster]?

Check the services section in the webadministration, is the pop3 server activated?
Firewalls in between? Can you access the port manually using telnet
on the command.exe?

> 2) user login
> I can acces the kolab-server by the web configuration interface when I
> login with manager or admin - but how can I login as normal user:
> user at domain.tld? I can´t login with this uid.

Yes, the user ide usually looks like
	max.test at kolab.server

For both cases you should check the logs in
 /kolab/var/logs
especially apache for the webinterface.