[Kroupware] outlookexpress_xp

Bo Thorsen kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 09:37:22 +0100

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 17:24, Malte Fahlberg wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My planning was to install SLOX shortly, but it seems to be very buggy.
> :-(( Now I have found the kroupware-projekt. We intend to move to
> linux, use kolab/Kmail in our company for at about 20 clients. One of
> them refuses to leave WinXP. :-((
>
> My question is: is it possible to use OutlookExpress on WinXP
> (notebook)als client going through low bandwith modemline from outside?
> Coming in through internetrouter fli4l, reaching the kolabserver with
> dynDNS and portforwarding-config in the fli4l?
>
> Can anybody help me?
> Sorry, if this is not the right posting point, but I found nothing
> better. many thnx

Bernhard already stated that Outlook Express might not be able to do the=20
groupware stuff. We don't really know what it can do and what it can't=20
since we have only used the real Outlook.

If you want the groupware scheduling, you should be aware that notes and=20
tasks can't be sent between Outlook and KMail currently. But=20
appointments, email and addressbooks work fine between the two.

Bo.

=2D-=20

     Klar=E4lvdalens Datakonsult  |   Denmark