[kroupware] About mozilla calendar ...

Manuel Hoppe kroupware@mail.kde.org
Sun, 19 Jan 2003 22:25:31 +0100

m.harlaut@atolcd.com wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> The mozilla calendar project is a nice tool :
[...]
> Is it useable with the kolab server with all the functionnalities ?
> In my opinion, this is perhaps the tool we all need to permanently give up
> Outlook use and nicrease security of our Windows workstations.
[...]

Well, good question! The only answers I was able to find is something
like "KDE Client only". But I hope somebody could enlighten me and give
some good news.
Im very interested in the Kolab Server, but without a wide support
within the community all different groupware solutions are nothing worth
at all. I think there is no need for proprietary servers.
I know that those diskussions are old and Im aware that its projects
aims on a single solution. But I think its time for more collaboration
between such projects like Mozilla.org and OpenOffice.org and so on and
think about the time after the project. The integration in KDE is
virtually native, so there no chance of domination of one product.

Comments welcome (no need for flame wars)...

--

Manuel Hoppe