[Kroupware] Re: Fwd: My Two Cents Worth

konold@erfrakon.de kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:54:39 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 8 Jan 2003, Miroslav Zubcic wrote:

Hi Tom,

> Well, there are a lot of people who actualy _like_ sendmail and want
> to keep it. Myself for example. Sendmail 8.12.X has a lot of features,
> good speed and security IMHO.

WE are not going to support sendmail within the kolab server. Please feel
free to add sendmail yourself though.

The featureset of sendmail does indeed match to the requirements.

> I've asked on this list couple weeks ago - is it possible to use
> kroupware web interface with existing components on the system, for
> example I have OpenLDAP 2.1.10, cyrus-imapd, etc ... Why do I have to

We made only precautions to be able to use an exiting LDAP server e.g.
OpenLDAP or other brand.

We will not support the usage of extra webservers or extra imap servers.
YOu are on you own here.

> compile gcc and many already-present tools/programs just to use
> kroupware web interface? (even if MTA part will be non-functional due
> to sendmail)

Basically this is our approach in order to be able to finally support very
many installations on many different operating systems reliably without
beeing forced to port every fix (think about security fixes etx) to every
version of every odd target platform.

Regards,
-- martin

Germanenstra=DFe 15, 70563 Stuttgart, Germany
mobil: 0175 4148693
fax: 0175 13 4148693
email: martin.konold@erfrakon.de