[Kroupware] Re: Fwd: My Two Cents Worth

Miroslav Zubcic kroupware@mail.kde.org
Wed, 08 Jan 2003 09:15:13 +0100

Tom Badran <tb100@doc.ic.ac.uk> writes:

[...]

> Which are three sterling choices in my opinion, the only thing i would even
> consider (and this is in exceptional circumstances only) would be to use exim
> over postfix, and that would take a damn good reason above the fact i just
> plain like exim, as i like postfix alot too. So very glad sendmail wasnt
> picked, why anyone would use it is beyond me.

Well, there are a lot of people who actualy _like_ sendmail and want
to keep it. Myself for example. Sendmail 8.12.X has a lot of features,
good speed and security IMHO.

I've asked on this list couple weeks ago - is it possible to use
kroupware web interface with existing components on the system, for
example I have OpenLDAP 2.1.10, cyrus-imapd, etc ... Why do I have to
compile gcc and many already-present tools/programs just to use
kroupware web interface? (even if MTA part will be non-functional due
to sendmail)

Sorry, to all here but maybe I don't understand or see what else
kroupware includes, there is web interface and config files as I see.

--
		The Network is the Filesystem