[Kroupware] Re: Install Suse 8.1

Mark Einreinhof kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 10:07:37 -0500 (EST)

Update: Ok, once I installed a uudecode program, uudeview actually with a
link to uudecode, the openpkg script ran with no problems and the rpms
installed just fine.

Upon boot I see these lines in the /var/log/boot.msg ( took extra blank
lines out):

<notice>/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01kolab start
/kolab/sbin/apachectl start: httpd started
Starting monit daemon
Starting httpd at [localhost:2812]
insmod: insmod: a module named ipv6 already exists
insmod: insmod: insmod net-pf-10 failed
unix dgram connect: No such file or directory at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab
line 64
no connection to syslog available at /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab line 64
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/canonical
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/main.cf.old
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/master.cf.old
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root:
/kolab/etc/postfix/transport.old
postfix/postfix-script: starting the Postfix mail system
 - Fatal: LsDefaultOptions: deprecated. Use ListOptions instead
/kolab/etc/rc:WARNING: script `/kolab/etc/rc.d/rc.proftpd:start' returned
non-null (0) return code
Initializing random number generator
done
<notice>'/etc/init.d/rc5.d/S01kolab start' exits with status 0

Monit appears to start ok as well as httpd.
I don't know what insmod does.
Don't know what to make of unix dgram... ...syslog... line 64
I'm guessing it is ok about the warnings that the files are not owned by
root.
Did proftpd actually start? Is there a problem?

I point konqueror to the localhost:2812 address and use the username
manager and the password that was displayed during the kolab*.rpm
install which matches the password listed in /kolab/etc/kolab/kolab.conf.
However, I am unsuccessful at logging in.

Cheers
-Mark