[Kroupware] An idea of howto subscribe in kolab to reduce trafic and load on server

Joakim Nordberg kroupware@mail.kde.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 06:07:01 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

1st of all, tanks for a great job. Superdupergreat!

I have some thoughts to make kolab more complete and also solve some problems.

Today the kolabklient pulls data continiously from kolabserver which causes
trafik on the net and load on the server. And I would also like to use kolab
as a base for chat/IM.

Why not use jabberd togheter with current kolab, use the same usersdb and so
on. Make it possibe through the same webinterface for the user to subscribe
for folders of interrest.

So... When the user starts his/her jabberclient she will se when she gets
email, can chat with collegues and so on. doublecklicking on a mailevent in
jabberclient (kabber;-) for kde it starts kmail and opens the mail... nice?
All this without connecting to the server and continiously pulling...

And in the near future maybe it can be a part of kdepim?

Just an idea!
Joakim Nordberg
Sweden