[Kroupware] Outlook clients

ralph escherich kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:04:55 -0800

--------------000408020009070005020809

Carlos A. Rega wrote:

>On Tuesday 11 February 2003 22:00, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
>
>>On Tuesday 11 February 2003 17:15, ralph escherich wrote:
>>
>>>My experience so far was, that
>>>whatever was generated by outlook was propperly interpreted by
>>>kmail. I'm especially interrested in calendar items and meeting
>>>invitations because that is what our management uses the most. Our
>>>management and software department is on Windows and Outlook, our
>>>hardware department is on SUSE linux machines.
>>>
>>>Whenever I sent an invitation from kmail to outlook, outlook was NOT
>>>able to
>>>interpret the message properly and show it as a meeting invitation or
>>>calendar item.
>>>
>>>Does anyone have a positive experience with the described case.
>>>
>>Yes. Works here.
>>
>>>If so,
>>>could you please let me know what versions of windows, outlook .... did
>>>you run?
>>>
>>KDE Kolab client in beta, like beta3.
>>Outlook 2000 de sr1  NT4sp6  IE 5.5
>>
>>I also have reports with Outlook 2002 working.
>>

>Our experience here is mixed. The outlook clients interpret correctly
>everything sent from Kmail and Kmail interprets correctly outlooks replies,
>for instance to meeting invitations.

What windows/outlook version are you guys using, german or english?
We have tried 2000/XP english and had the above problems, you have the
problem the
other way around .. hmmm ... thats strange.

Have you been using the bynary plugin for your outlook tests or where
your windows clients
on their own mail-server?

>However, Kmail doesn't interpret
>correctly invitations generated by outlook 2000 in NT4, while it has no
>problems with invitations from outlook XP in win XP. Anybody had similar
>experiences?
>
>In our case only the linux machines are conected to kolab, while the windows
>machines keep local copies of their calendars, and we are using beta 3 of the
>clients.
>
>Carlos

Ralph Escherich                               2900 Gordon Avenue Suite 203
Senior IC Design Engineer                     Santa Clara, CA 95051-0718
Phone:  408-328-9333
Fax:    408-735-1163

http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com

--------------000408020009070005020809

<head>
</head>
Carlos A. Rega wrote:<br>
What windows/outlook version are you guys using, german or english?<br>
We have tried 2000/XP english and had the above problems, you have the problem
the<br>
other way around .. hmmm ... thats strange.<br>
Have you been using the bynary plugin for your outlook tests or where your
windows clients<br>
on their own mail-server?<br>
          <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com">http://www.mobilesmartsinc.com</a></pre>

--------------000408020009070005020809--