[Kroupware] Outlook clients

Carlos A. Rega kroupware@mail.kde.org
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:18:39 +0000

On Tuesday 11 February 2003 22:00, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> On Tuesday 11 February 2003 17:15, ralph escherich wrote:
> > My experience so far was, that
> > whatever was generated by outlook was propperly interpreted by
> > kmail. I'm especially interrested in calendar items and meeting
> > invitations because that is what our management uses the most. Our
> > management and software department is on Windows and Outlook, our
> > hardware department is on SUSE linux machines.
> >
> > Whenever I sent an invitation from kmail to outlook, outlook was NOT
> > able to
> > interpret the message properly and show it as a meeting invitation or
> > calendar item.
> >
> > Does anyone have a positive experience with the described case.
>
> Yes. Works here.
>
> > If so,
> > could you please let me know what versions of windows, outlook .... did
> > you run?
>
> KDE Kolab client in beta, like beta3.
> Outlook 2000 de sr1  NT4sp6  IE 5.5
>
> I also have reports with Outlook 2002 working.

Our experience here is mixed. The outlook clients interpret correctly
everything sent from Kmail and Kmail interprets correctly outlooks replies,
for instance to meeting invitations. However, Kmail doesn't interpret
correctly invitations generated by outlook 2000 in NT4, while it has no
problems with invitations from outlook XP in win XP. Anybody had similar
experiences?

In our case only the linux machines are conected to kolab, while the windows
machines keep local copies of their calendars, and we are using beta 3 of the
clients.

Carlos